Saturday, August 24, 2013

Welcome To The Neighborhood!

My blog today concerns the first house I purchased in Miami, in 1993.  It was in an area known as Kendall.   I lived in a cul de sac in a planned unit development.  There was a small park on the other side.  I noticed some older kids hanging out there.   They noticed me as well.  I came home from work the next day to find the window on my front door smashed, glass all over the  place.  My neighbor told me that she saw these kids trying to break into my house, and when they saw her they ran.  A classic Miami "welcome to the neighborhood" committee.   Damages cost over $500.00.

My family moved to Asheville in 2004.  Two neighborhood kids appeared at our door with a heavy object.  It was a pie.  There was not doubt in our minds how correct our decision to move from Miami was.

Please remember to pre-order MIAMI: A SURVIVOR'S TALE!  Go to http://www.theblackmountainpress.com/  and press "catalog"

No comments:

Post a Comment